B.E. Meyers & Co. Careers
B.E. Meyers & Co. Development and Manufacturing CapabilitiesBack to Open Positions
Senior Business Development
Director of Global Business Development
We provide advanced photonics solutions and other specialty technology for US and international Special Operations Forces and Combat Arms elements that are forward in the fight.
B.E. Meyers & Co., Inc. is an ISO 9001:2008-certified developer, manufacturer, and systems integrator of optoelectronic and related products used in defense and law enforcement applications. The company's core competencies include turnkey laser targeting and illumination systems, night-vision devices, long-range surveillance, and other integrated laser systems. We are proud of our reputation as a technology leader in delivering solutions proven to meet the demanding performance requirements of extreme environments and combat conditions. Since our origin in 1974, we have been dedicated to providing the highest quality of products, services and support to our customers. B.E. Meyers is a privately owned and operated small business located in Redmond, WA.
The Senior Business Development Manager is responsible for the development and successful capture of orders and sales of all B.E Meyers products into identified US DoD and Federal customers, determining customer product needs and procurement processes and overcoming customer barriers to sales. Strategically, the Senior Business Development Manager will manage and assist in the analyzing, planning, research, and development of the organization's objectives and strategic plans in order to achieve business opportunities, growth, and financial profitability in the marketplace. This role also manages the service or sale of certain accounts, with duties entailing estimating and analyzing records of present and past operations, trends and costs, estimated and realized revenue, administrative commitments, and obligations incurred. The Senior Business Development Manager will support the Director in the development and launching of new products into the market, the preparation and writing of competitive Proposals, and will contribute to the input of competitive intelligence and market intelligence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Representing B.E. Meyers and its product line to existing and new US DoD and Federal Government Agencies.
- Grows and manages a defined sales customer base within US DoD and Federal Government Agencies, while prioritizing key markets and leveraging resources as agreed by the Director of Global Business Development.
- Planning and executing market strategies to include prospecting of new customers, and legacy account management.
- Works to develop new business opportunities, research viable new business relationships and manage projects from the definition phase through the execution phase in support of company strategic business objectives as directed.
- Identifies and manages strategic relationships with commercial and technology partners once approved by the Senior Management Team and under agreement.
- Performs market analysis to include opportunity forecasting, market trends, and competitive assessment.
- Researches the market segment, using information to develop a strategic capture plan and executes.
- Participates in development and research activities, building on company strengths, identifying potential new markets and business opportunities, increasing market share, and securing a competitive position in the industry.
- Researches the market segment, using information to develop a strategic marketing plan, development of capture strategies and executes the plan.
- Supports and drafts written proposals within the framework of competitive tenders as directed by the Director of Global Business Development.
- Supports, when directed, International business opportunities.
- Coordinates with internal groups to execute on required program components including development, marketing and sales.
- Provides support to senior management in negotiations, contract development, due diligence and other development or alliance development projects.
- Develops briefings, informs approved data sheets, and other marketing material for presentation to the customer.
- Promotes the company in industry trade associations and at trade shows to defense and other government agencies.
- Possesses and develops advanced and on-going knowledge of system platforms utilized in land, sea and air operations used by US DoD and Federal organizations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must Love Guns!
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Attention to detail and the ability to multi task.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) or equivalent from four-year college (higher/University Education);
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) or equivalent preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years experience in acquisition/business development within the defense industry, three of which were conducting US DoD and Federal Agencies business, with defense sales and selling to defense markets is essential.
- A thorough knowledge of the US DoD JCIDs process is essential.
- Prior military experience at officer level is desirable, ideally in Requirements Determination, Programs and Acquisition Management.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and customers.
- Ability to communicate fluently in English with a high standard of literacy is essential.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Microsoft Office Suite - Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position requires the incumbent to be able to travel extensively in the performance of this position. Physically required to stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl occasionally and regularly requires walking, sitting, talking, and using hands to operate, finger, handle or feel. The employee is required to be able to talk and hear using the telephone. The employee must be able to perform all duties in extreme heat, cold and inclement weather worldwide while wearing appropriate personal protection equipment such as body armor, hearing protection, helmet, and eye protection. The employee may occasionally lift up to 55 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job are close, distance, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The employee will be required to travel with extensive overnight travel both domestically and internationally required.
The employee will regularly operate in military hazardous conditions such as live fire weapon ranges and in or around military vehicles and equipment. The employee may occasionally be required to operate in austere environments, combat or conflict zones.
The noise level in the work environment ranges from moderate in an office environment (Examples: business office with computers and/or computer printers, light traffic); to extreme while operating in the field with military, law enforcement or other customers (e.g. in live fire weapon ranges, around military aircraft, or other military combat vehicles or equipment.)
This position may require use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
B.E. Meyers & Co., Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer