Ocular Interruption System
- PART NUMBER
- LASER CLASS
- Max Output
- 250 mW
- Power Supply Option
- AA and CR123
- Eye Safe
For long-distance hail and warning, especially during maritime security, the GLARE® LA-9/P combines a powerful green beam with Eye Safe® technology. The laser rapidly determines if an unintended observer is within the nominal ocular hazard distance (NOHD) and immediately shuts off the glaring output to prevent accidental eye injury. Once the bystander has moved out of the NOHD, the laser output instantly resumes.
The GLARE LA-9/P (NSN: 5860-01-613-1742) has been replaced by the LA-22/U (NSN: 5860-01-657-3893) for the USMC Ocular Interruption System (OIS) Program.
Warnings can be sent out to 4 km at night and 1.5 km during daylight. Offensive glaring is achievable out to 500m to hinder and prevent further aggression. In theater, GLARE lasers have been proven to save lives of both civilians and soldiers by providing a rapid warning method across cultural and linguistic boundaries.
Parts, Kits, and Accessories
List of all applicable product components, and configurations
- GLARE LA-9/P | LA-9/P5860-01-613-1742
- ELCAN Sight Mount | 855-ELC556MT1240-01-531-6967
- Safety Lens Cover with Retaining Strap | R01-SCM5855-01-570-9714
- Retaining Strap for Safety Lens Cover | R11-SCMN/A
- Lens Cleaning Tool | 493-LENSPEN1240-01-535-0972
- Quick Reference Card | 795-QR532C-SCM5998-01-570-9601
- Laser Mount | 532-175855-01-544-1482
- Accessory Mounting Pad | R14-RAILADPT5340-01-574-0255
- Universal Mounting Pad | R14-UNIVMNTN/A