B.E. MEYERS & CO., INC.
Terms and Conditions for Website Sales
1. THIS PAGE CONTAINS VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS, AS WELL AS CONDITIONS, LIMITATIONS, AND EXCLUSIONS THAT MIGHT APPLY TO YOU. PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY.
THESE TERMS OF SALE REQUIRE THE USE OF ARBITRATION TO RESOLVE DISPUTES, RATHER THAN JURY TRIALS.
BY PLACING AN ORDER FOR PRODUCTS FROM THIS WEBSITE, YOU ACCEPT AND ARE BOUND BY THESE TERMS OF SALE.
YOU MAY NOT ORDER OR OBTAIN PRODUCTS FROM THIS WEBSITE IF YOU (A) DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS OF SALE, (B) ARE YOUNGER THAN 18 YEARS OF AGE, OR (C) ARE PROHIBITED FROM ACCESSING OR USING THIS WEBSITE OR ANY OF THIS WEBSITE'S CONTENTS, GOODS, OR SERVICES BY APPLICABLE LAW.
These terms and conditions (these "Terms of Sale") apply to the purchase and sale of products through www.bemeyers.com (the "Site"). These Terms of Sale are subject to change by B.E. Meyers & Co., Inc. (referred to as "us", "we", or "our" as the context may require) without prior written notice at any time, in our sole discretion. The latest version of these Terms of Sale will be posted on this Site, and you should review them before purchasing any product or services that are available through this Site. Your continued use of this Site after a posted change in these Terms of Sale will constitute your acceptance of and agreement to such changes.
2. Order Acceptance and Cancellation. All orders must be accepted by us or we will not be obligated to sell the products to you. We may choose to refuse any order in our sole discretion. After having received your order, we will send you a confirmation email with your order number and details of the items you have ordered. The formation of the contract of sale between you and us will not take place until you have received your order confirmation email. You have the option to cancel your order at any time before we have sent your order confirmation email by calling our Customer Service Department at 1-800-327-5648.
3. Payment Terms. Payment must be received before we accept an order. We accept major credit cards for all purchases. You represent and warrant that (i) the credit card information you supply to us is true, correct, and complete, (ii) you are duly authorized to use such credit card for the purchase, (iii) charges incurred by you will be honored by your credit card company, and (iv) you will pay charges incurred by you at the posted prices, including all applicable taxes, if any.
4. Shipments; Delivery; Title and Risk of Loss. We will arrange for shipment of the products to you. Please check the individual product page for specific delivery options. You will pay all shipping and handling charges specified during the ordering process. Title and risk of loss pass to you upon our transfer of the products to the carrier. Shipping and delivery dates are estimates only and cannot be guaranteed. We are not responsible for any delays in shipments, wrong address delivery due to incorrect input by you, missing or stolen packages that track being delivered, and damage to products during shipping or delivery.
5. Returns and Refunds. Except for any products designated on the Site as non-returnable, we will accept a return of the products for a refund of your purchase price, less the original shipping and handling costs, provided such return is made within 30 days of delivery and provided such products are returned in their original condition. To return products, you must call 1-800-327-5648 or email our Customer Service Department at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization ("RMA") number before shipping your product. No returns of any type will be accepted without an RMA number.
You are responsible for all shipping and handling charges on returned items. You bear the risk of loss during shipment. We therefore strongly recommend that you fully insure your return shipment against loss or damage and that you use a carrier that can provide you with proof of delivery for your protection.
Refunds are processed within approximately 10 business days of receiving returned items. Your refund will be credited back to the same payment method used to make the original purchase on the Site. WE OFFER NO REFUNDS ON ANY PRODUCTS DESIGNATED ON THIS SITE AS NON-RETURNABLE.
6. LIMITED WARRANTY.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY CAN ALSO BE FOUND AT WWW.BEMEYERS.COM AND IN THE DOCUMENTATION WE PROVIDE WITH THE PRODUCTS.
WE WARRANT THAT DURING THE WARRANTY PERIOD, THE PRODUCT WILL BE FREE FROM DEFECTS IN MATERIALS AND WORKMANSHIP.
WE LIMIT THE DURATION AND REMEDIES OF ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TO THE DURATION OF THIS EXPRESS LIMITED WARRANTY.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS IS LIMITED TO REPAIR, REPLACEMENT OR REFUND AS SET FORTH IN THIS WARRANTY STATEMENT.
(a) Who May Use This Warranty?
This limited warranty extends only to the owner of the products purchased from the Site.
(b) What Does This Warranty Cover?
This limited warranty covers during the Warranty Period (as defined below) defects in materials and workmanship in products purchased from the Site.
(c) What Does This Warranty Not Cover?
This limited warranty does not cover any damages due to: (a) transportation; (b) storage; (c) improper use; (d) failure to follow the product instructions or to perform any preventive maintenance; (e) modifications; (f) unauthorized repair; (g) normal wear and tear; or (h) external causes such as accidents, abuse, or other actions, conditions, or events beyond our reasonable control. This warranty also does not cover products with a defaced or missing serial number.
(d) What is the Period of Coverage?
This limited warranty lasts for one year (the "Warranty Period"). The Warranty Period is not extended if we repair or replace a warranted product or re-perform a warranted service. We may change the availability of this limited warranty at our discretion, but any changes will not be retroactive.
(e) What Are Your Remedies Under This Warranty?
With respect to any defective product during the Warranty Period, we will, in our sole discretion repair or replace such product (or the defective part) free of charge. We will also pay for shipping and handling fees to return the repaired or replacement product to you.
(f) How Do You Obtain Warranty Service?
To obtain warranty service, you must first call 1-800-327-5648 or email our Customer Service Department at email@example.com during the Warranty Period to obtain a Return Material Authorization ("RMA") number. No warranty service will be provided without a RMA number.
(g) Limitation of Liability
THE REMEDIES DESCRIBED ABOVE ARE YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES AND OUR ENTIRE LIABILITY FOR ANY BREACH OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. OUR LIABILITY SHALL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES EXCEED THE ACTUAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE DEFECTIVE PRODUCT, NOR SHALL WE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR LOSSES, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
(h) What can you do in case of a dispute with us?
The informal dispute resolution procedure detailed in Section 10 is available to you if you believe that we have not performed our obligations under this limited warranty or these Terms of Sale.
7. Goods Not for Resale or Export. You agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the various states and of the United States including all Export Regulations, as defined below. You represent and warrant that you are buying products from the Site for your own use only, and not for resale or export. Products purchased from the Site may be controlled for export purposes by export regulations, including but not limited to, the Export Control Reform Act of 2018 (ECRA) (Title XVII, Subtitle B of Pub. L. No. 115-232), the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. 768-799) for which ECRA is permanent statutory authority, the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (22 C.F.R. 120-128 and 130) and their successor and supplemental regulations (collectively, "Export Regulations").
9. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. All matters arising out of or relating to these Terms of Sale are governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Washington without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the State of Washington or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of Washington.
10. Dispute Resolution and Binding Arbitration.
(a) YOU AND B.E. MEYERS & CO., INC. ARE AGREEING TO GIVE UP ANY RIGHTS TO LITIGATE CLAIMS IN A COURT OR BEFORE A JURY, OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION WITH RESPECT TO A CLAIM. OTHER RIGHTS THAT YOU WOULD HAVE IF YOU WENT TO COURT MAY ALSO BE UNAVAILABLE OR MAY BE LIMITED IN ARBITRATION.
ANY CLAIM, DISPUTE OR CONTROVERSY (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, WHETHER PRE-EXISTING, PRESENT OR FUTURE, AND INCLUDING STATUTORY, CONSUMER PROTECTION, COMMON LAW, INTENTIONAL TORT, INJUNCTIVE AND EQUITABLE CLAIMS) BETWEEN YOU AND US ARISING FROM OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO YOUR PURCHASE OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES THROUGH THE SITE, WILL BE RESOLVED EXCLUSIVELY AND FINALLY BY BINDING ARBITRATION.
(b) You may elect to pursue your claim in small-claims court rather than arbitration if you provide us with written notice of your intention do so. The arbitration or small-claims court proceeding will be limited solely to your individual dispute or controversy.
(c) You agree to an arbitration on an individual basis. In any dispute, NEITHER YOU NOR B.E. MEYERS & CO., INC. WILL BE ENTITLED TO JOIN OR CONSOLIDATE CLAIMS BY OR AGAINST OTHER CUSTOMERS IN COURT OR IN ARBITRATION OR OTHERWISE PARTICIPATE IN ANY CLAIM AS A CLASS REPRESENTATIVE, CLASS MEMBER OR IN A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL CAPACITY. The arbitral tribunal may not consolidate more than one person's claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. The arbitral tribunal has no power to consider the enforceability of this class arbitration waiver and any challenge to the class arbitration waiver may only be raised in a court of competent jurisdiction.
If any provision of this arbitration agreement is found unenforceable, the unenforceable provision will be severed and the remaining arbitration terms will be enforced.
11. Severability. If any provision of these Terms of Sale is invalid, illegal, void or unenforceable, then that provision will be deemed severed from these Terms of Sale and will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions of these Terms of Sale.